Grande Basso Gratzi, my fellow bass travelers.
- Bopland.org - Nikita from Bopland has linked back here, all the way from sunny tropical Moscow. Bopland is the service used to generate the playable transcriptions on the site, and there is a much more extensive database of licks and musical examples on Bopland itself including licks for piano, guitar and other non-bass instruments. if you haven't checked it out, be prepared to spend a couple hours exploring. Nikita even was willing to write some custom code to make some things work, so Bol'shoe spasibo!
- Adam Neely - All the way from sunny, tropical Washington, D.C. Adam linked to Basso from his great bass/composition blog. Check out Adam's site from the list of links over there on the right, or look for him on YouTube as Havic5 for some very informative bass lessons from a Berklee alum.
- Joe Hubbard - all the way from sunny, tropical England, Joe added Basso on the Twitters, so molto gratzi , Joe. Joe played bass with Gary Numan for many years and published one of the first transcription books that had Jaco and Marcus Miller transcriptions in it called "Bass Lines". I think it is out of print now, but it is a classic. If you can find one, snatch it up. He also has a great bass site with transcriptions and lessons at - www.joehubbardbass.com/
- Stephen Marshal - All the way from sunny, tropical Nashville, (I think) that's DOCTOR Marshall to you, as in a Ph.d. of Bassology. Basso is now medically approved (this claim not authorized by the FDA)! Stephen added his own blog posting about Basso Ridiculoso and sent some linkage our way. Gratzi! Check out his blog at - http://stephenmarshall.org/. Who cares about that fancy university degree, where is that ever gonna get you? Your site is now on the Link's Deemed Worthy list, now that is something to frame and put on your wall!
- Tom Kenrick - Also from that sunny tropical paradise that is England. Looks like Tom is another bass player from "over there" and clearly is a man of good taste and fine breeding since he has linked to Basso Ridiculoso over here in the colonies. Pip Pip, my good man! http://tomkenrick.wordpress.com/
And for everyone who reads the site, no matter where you are, THANKS!